The 2016 Expo of Office and Commercial Design, NeoCon Chicago
, showcased some of the latest trends in office design. New trends in design are usually in line with trends in office organization and work behavior, and office set up influences the way employees work and even relate to each other. Is your office in need of a makeover? Take some inspiration from some of the latest office design trends being talked about this year.
You don’t have to lease new space or toss out everything in the office and start over to take advantage of new trends in office design. These small changes can freshen up the way your office works.
- Color in the office is a new trend this year. Bright colors have often been a no-no in office design but the desire to appeal to millennials is changing that.
- While the open floor plan is still in style, creating some private space is now a trend. Wrap around walls can be installed around chairs to give at least neck-high privacy.
- 2016 NeoCon in Chicago also showcased flexible back chairs with two tone coloring to allow for the possibility of corporate branding on the chair.
- Maybe it’s not time to replace all of your desks, but you could substitute a few of them for sit-stand desks that are now a popular office design trend.
If you feel like your company is ready for a whole office upgrade, here are some of the trends that are inspiring office redesign in 2016.
- The open plan office is still in- encouraging creative collaboration and inspiration.
- Although open plans have their perks, sometimes employees need a quiet space to focus. This is where small, shared private spaces come in. Add some lounge furniture and a table, phone and laptop connection and you’ve got a great space for thinking.
Do you need help revamping your office furniture or design? We offer intelligent design and superior products for workspace interiors. At Beaux-Arts Group, we understand space.